- Total infections: 33,018 (Up 29,416 Vs. Monday 3/16/2020)
- 428 deaths (Up 367 Vs. Monday 3/16/2020)
- Current mortality rate in U.S. is 1.3%
- Hobbs, NM reports first case
- New rapid swab test has been approved and will begin shipping this week. Supply availability will be limited for the foreseeable future.
- W.H.O. advised against taking Motrin, then reversed and stated it is safe. Preliminary data shows it can boost the number of ACE2 receptors that the virus uses to infect cells, increasing the spread inside the body. There is no widespread consensus at this time on this statement.
- STATES ARE NOW REPORTING THEIR OWN TOTAL CASES, CDC STATES “Now that states are testing and reporting their own results, CDC’s numbers are not representative of all testing being done nationwide.”
- Current Counties w/ cases: Bell, Bexar, Bowie, Brazoria, Brazos, Brown, Cameron, Cass, Castro, Chambers, Collin, Crane, DeWitt, Deaf Smith, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fannin, Fayette, Fort Bend, Galveston, Gillespie, Gregg, Grimes, Guadalupe, Johnson, Harris, Hays, Hidalgo, Kendall, Lamar, Lavaca, Lubbock, Hockley, Lavaca, Liberty, Maverick, Matagorda, Midland, McLennan, Medina, Montgomery, Nueces, Oldham, Potter, Randall, Rusk, Smith, Tarrant, Travis, Van Zandt, Webb, Wichita, Williamson (+39 Vs. Monday 3/16/20)
- Current Counties w/ community spread: Matagorda, Montgomery, Brazoria, Dallas, Lubbock, Cass (Up 2 Vs. Monday 3/16/2020)
- Deaths:7 (Up 7 Vs. Monday 3/16/2020)
- Total Texas Cases: 719 (Up 651 Vs. Monday 3/16/2020)
- 10 cases in Lubbock at this time ( up 10 Vs. Monday 3/16/20)
- 2 community acquired cases in Lubbock, unknown where infection occured