May 22, 2020
- Total infections: 1,577,758 (Up 25,905)
- Total Recoveries: 298,418 (Up 4,106)
- Total U.S. Deaths: 94,729 (Up 1,290)
- Current mortality rate in U.S. is 6.0% (No change)
- AstraZeneca announced they will expand their human trials of the COVID-19 vaccine to include 10,000 volunteers in England to study the efficacy of the vaccine. The vaccine already passed a 1,000 person trial for safety.
- The FDA has published a list of over a dozen blood antibody tests that have failed to file applications yet remain on the market, and will soon be pulled from use in the U.S. These tests have not been proven to be accurate at diagnosing antibody presence in blood samples.
- Total Texas Cases: 53,053 (Up 1,380)
- 31,223 Recovered (Up 882)
- Deaths: 1,460 (Up 34)
- Texas mortality rate is 2.8% (No change)
- 225 Texas counties reporting active cases (No change)
- All information about the number of patients hospitalized in Texas has been removed from the TDSHS website, unable to report state wide data at this time.
- 182.97 per 100,000 people in Texas have contracted COVID-19
- 650 cases in Lubbock (Up 11)
- 50 deaths from Covid-19 in Lubbock (No change)
- 11 Covid-19 patients hospitalized in Lubbock county (Down 4)
- 423 recovered in Lubbock County (Up 8)
- There are more recovered than active cases in Lubbock county at this time
- 845 Covid-19 cases in the South Plains (Up 20)
- 533 Cases recovered on the South Plains (Up 5)
- 13 diagnosed cases in Terry county
- 12 Terry county case recovered