From the American Farm Bureau Federation
We’re back with more at home learning activities! You can share these resources with the teachers and parents in your life with this blog post. We’ll have more resources to share next Monday!
1. Grades 6-8 English Reading and Writing
- Have your kids read this blog on oranges.
- Then, have your kids write a few paragraphs summarizing what they learned about oranges.
2. K-12 Science
- Watch the video ” How Does It Grow? Oranges“.
- Before you watch the video – ask kids, “How do you think oranges grow?” “How do you think they are harvested?” Compare their answers after you watch the video.
3. Grades 4-6 Reading, Writing and Science
- Read the Feeding Minds Press’ printable book, “Berry Good Project“.
- Rather watch a video of someone else reading? Check out this video of Ronda Hamm, Global Academic Relations Manager for Corteva Agriscience.
- Have your kids answer the following questions:
- What is integrated pest management? Why is it useful?
- What is one GOOD bug when it comes to growing strawberries?
4. K-2 & Grades 3-5 Math
- Play the My American Farm game, Farmers Market Challenge. The game has a K-2 level and grade 3-5 level.
- Then, do the 3 accompanying Math Quest Problem Sets!
|5. Grades 6-12 ScienceDo this 1 hour Purple Plow Puzzler, Stop the Rot. Students will create a prototype that can delay and speed up the ripening process of fruit.|