Hi there Eighteen25 readers! I’m Jen from Tatertots & Jello and I am so EXCITED to be here. Halloween is my favorite time of the year. So I look forward to this party each year!!
This year I’m sharing a bright and happy Halloween wreath. Have you ever seen mason jar lid wreaths? My friend Donna from Funky Junk shared a rusted one and I thought it might be fun to take the concept and create a Halloween canning jar lid wreath with paint and washi tape.
I just love the way it turned out!!
Here’s how to make this colorful and easy wreath:
– 32 canning jar lids. You can collect the lids or you can buy the lids separately in packs from the grocery store. I found them the cheapest at Walmart. I bought mine for less than $2 for 12.
(this has been edited with additional information :))
– Paint – I used three different colors — coral, white and grey.
– Washi Tape – I used 4 different colors and patterns.
– Ribbon – to tie the lids together and also for a bow.
- Divide up the canning jar lids into three different piles.
- Paint each pile of lids a different color.
- Wrap washi tape around some of the lids. I only added washi tape to the white lids.
- String up the lids on a piece of ribbon.
- Once the lids are on the ribbon, cinch it tight, creating a circle of lids.
- Tie the ends of the ribbon at the top and attach a decorative ribbon to the top of the main ribbon. I used a glue gun to attach the ribbon at the top.
I also added some washi tape to some faux pumpkins. I just spray painted the pumpkins white and added lines of washi tape to the pumpkins. Super easy!