The filing period for the upcoming Municipal Election that takes place in May has been set. Municipal Elections are for cities, school districts, hospital districts, bond elections, and other council & boards that are not state or county related.
For the Municipal Elections that will take place in Terry County this May, there are seven municipal entities that have open elections. Here is the list of those entities and the positions that are open.
- Brownfield Regional Medical Center: 3 Directors At-Large, current placeholders; Sue Cottrell, Justin Hesse, & Richard Van Der Vlist.
- Brownfield ISD: Trustee Dist. 1, Trustee Dist. 2, & Trustee Dist. 3.
- Meadow ISD: 2 Trustees At-Large
- Wellman-Union ISD: 3 Trustees At-Large, current placeholders; Ed “Eddie” Rodriguez, Bobby Brown, & Michael Franke
- City of Brownfield: Council Member Dist. 4, Council Member Dist. 5, & 2 Council Members At-Large
- City of Meadow: 3 Council Members At-Large, current placeholders; Everett McArthur, Kandace Keesee Welch, & Mariana Moya
- City of Wellman: Mayor, Council Member Place 2, & Council Member District 4
The filing period will begin Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 and will end Friday, February 15th, 2019 at 5:00 PM. If you are interested in running for a municipal office, please contact Krystal Valentin, Joint Elections Administrator at the Terry County Annex – 507 W. Main, Brownfield TX. Office hours during filing period: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (open during lunch)